- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
Paseda Urges FG to Declare State of Emergency on Educational Sector
The Federal government have been advised to urgently declare a “state of emergency” in the educational sector of the country.
The founder, Paseda Legacy Foundation, Otunba Rotimi Paseda, gave the advice on Wednesday in Ijebu-Ode while inspecting the ongoing free holiday coaching organized by his foundation for students in both primary and secondary schools in Ogun State.
He blamed the lopsided appointments made by the government in recent past on the poor record in the sector.
The businessman cum politician also berated Ogun State government for poor funding of the educational system in the state despite taking large chunk of its budget.
According to Paseda, if government could divert more resources into education, the dwindling economy of the country would be revamped.
He however emphasized that the ongoing free holiday coaching across the State is not for political gain but to instill moral values among the future generations.
Paseda who took swipe at the Ogun State government berated how hurriedly and embarrassingly the state government jumped at the bandwagon and organized its “customised” holiday coaching which barely attracted 182 children across the state after seeing his initiative.
He also lampooned the state government, saying “Our government have indeed megally failed our children and people. Paseda free coaching is here to stay right through till 2019 and beyond God willing”.
He therefore urged all stakeholders to contribute to the growth of the sector.
He said, “since the beginning of the ongoing free holiday coaching, I have not been opportuned to attend the lessons, so that was why I’ve been going round to advice the students on values of education.
“I will blame the federal government on the rot in the education sector because of the political appointments in the sector which has bastardised the system.
“There’s need to urgently declare state of emergency in the sector and allow professionals to manage the affairs of education in the country.
“If proper fund were harnessed into the sector, I can assure you that our economy would have improved better than this”.
Paseda free holiday coaching has attracted over 10, 000 indigent students across the 20 local governments of Ogun State.