- 5 Lawmakers Defect In Ogun
- Mother Of 5 Dies After Marathon Sex With Lover
- Police Arrest Landlord Who Led Gang To Rob Neighbour
- 2019 : Ambassador Felix Osakwe Receive Akran’s Royal Blessing
- NYSC, Ogun govt. Pay Visit To Recovering Accident Victims In OOUTH
- Tanker Motor Boy Killed In Sagamu/Benin Expressway Auto-crash
- Saraki Visits Obasanjo, Keeps Mum On NASS’s Reconvening Date
- Ogun : Police Arrest Ex – Convict , Accomplice Over Stolen Truck
- Saraki Fires Back , Says Oshiomole Behaving Like Rain-Beaten Chicken
- “Mr Latin ‘’ Identifies Discipline, Integrity As Virtues For Success
Eid-El-Kabir : CAN Urges Muslim Faithful to Embrace Lifestyle of Prophet Ibrahim
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has enjoined Muslim faithful to embrace the lifestyle of Prophet Ibrahim by adopting the spirit of living a selfless life for the purpose of nation building.
Mr Tunde Akinsanya, the Chairman of the Association in Ogun , said this in a statement issued in Abeokuta on Thursday to felicitate with Muslims on the celebration of Eid El Kabir.
Akinsanya congratulated the Muslim faithfuls in the Country at large and Ogun State in particular on the occasion of the Eid-El-Kabir celebration.
The CAN Chairman appreciated God for keeping Nigeria as one entity in spite of Her various challenges.
He explained that it had been God alone that made it possible for Nigerians as a people to live above religious crisis and other crisis in the country.
In the release signed by his Chief Press Secretary Rev. Tolulope Taiwo, Bishop Akinsanya thanked God for giving President Muhammadu Buhari sound health and the ability to be with his people to celebrate.
“I want to specially congratulate head of Muslim Faithfuls in this country, the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Saa’d Abubakar III, while also felicitating with Gov. Ibikunle Amosun for witnessing another season of joy and giving.
“The Christian family called on all Muslim Faithfuls to embrace the lifestyle of Prophet Ibrahim who chose to offer his son to Allah, ” he said.
He called on all Nigerians to join hands with the government at all levels in their bid to offer good governance to the citizenry.
The CAN chairman also called on the government to be considerate in most of their policies by putting the people first in their programmes.