- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
- Expect More Laws to Protect the Environment , Ogun Assembly tells Residents
- ‘Third Force’ Accuses APC, PDP of Playing Games with the Lives of Nigerians
- ‘Relax, We are Working to Prevent Statewide Flooding’
- Aspirant Backs IBB’s Call for Youths’ Participation in Politics
Chartered Accountant Elected new Akarigbo of Remo land
A 52-year old Chartered Accountant and Legal Practitioner, Prince Adewale Babatunde Ajayi on Friday emerged as the candidate for the vacant stool of the Akarigbo and Paramount ruler of Remoland, Ogun State.
Ogun Today recalled that 19 nominees were nominated to the King makers before Ajayi’s emergency.
Ajayi was elected as the new Akarigbo of Remoland through an open ballot system held among the seven kingmakers at the Akarigbo’s palace, Sagamu area of the State.
The names of the kingmakers includes; Chief Rasak Akinyemi Salami (Lisa), Chief Abdul Wasiu Awofala (Losi), Chief Taiwo Sule ( Oluwo Odofin), Chief Lamidi Olaitan Adesanya (Apena), Chief Ogunyemi Tijani Adesina (Ogbeni odi), Chief Kolawole Odumuyiwa ( Balogun)and Olotu Omoba JAS Adekunle ( Olotu Omoba Akarigbo).
It was revealed that the election was supervised by the Secretary to the Sagamu Local Government, Otunba Adewale Fakoya who read the names of the 19 nominees to the kingmakers, requesting them to cast their votes for the candidate of their choice.
According to a palace source, at the end of the election, Ajayi had five votes as against the runner up, Prof. Babatunde Ogunmola who pooled two votes while other 17 nominees had no vote.
After Ajayi’s emergence, it was learnt that Chief Abdul Wasiu Awofala, Losi moved motion to forward the name of the elected Akarigbo to the government and it was seconded by Balogun Chief Kolawole Odumuyiwa .
Fakoya appreciated the kingmakers and security agents for their support through out the process of filling the vacant Akarigbo stool and prayed peaceful, prosperous and progressive reign for the new Akarigbo.
However, the Commissioner for Local and Chieftaincy Affairs, Chief Jide Ojuko confirmed the emergence of Ajayi as the the newly elected Akarigbo of Remoland.
Ojuko who spoke on phone disclosed that the nomination and election process were peaceful, adding that installation date would be announced very soon.
His words: “It is true that a candidate has been elected as the Akarigbo of Remoland. He is Prince Tunde Ajayi. I am happy the processes have been peaceful, I mean both the nomination and selection and very soon, the installation date will be announced”.