- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
Adekunbi Bags OODUA Speaker of the Year Award
The Speaker of the Ogun State House of Assembly, Suraj Adekunbi has been awarded as (“Akoni Akin Okunrin) the Oodua Speaker of the year, 2017 in recognition of monumental achievements recorded under his leadership which have led to the socio-economic development being witnessed in the State.
Presenting the award, the Chairman, Board of Trustee, Yoruba Redemption Foundation (YOREF), Chief Peter Fatomilola lauded the Assembly for giving necessary support to the Senator Amosun’s government through effective legislation, explaining that the award category was for outstanding Assembly Speaker among Speakers of the Houses of the Assembly across the nation upon which Speaker Adekunbi stood out for his sterling qualities and leadership style.
Commenting, Members including the Deputy Speaker Olakunle Oluomo, Honourables Oludare Kadiri and Yetunde Adekanbi –Sogbein applauded the foundation for its observation of good and credible governance in the State, with a promise that the Assembly on its part would to continue to be an active partner in the promotion of good governance and sustenance of democratic ideals.
Responding, the Speaker appreciated the foundation for the honour and applauded his colleague-lawmakers for their support and understanding, stressing that such would spur the House of Assembly to continue discharge its responsibility to advance more development to the State.
According to him, the recognition was a manifestation of the achievements recorded by the State legislature for the enactment of people-oriented legislations which were in line with the needs and aspirations of the people; noting that the success recorded by the Senator Ibikunle Amosun led- government was as a result of the mutual interdependence among all arms of government in the State.