- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
Jostle for Amosun’s Seat; Assembly Speaker Declares Intention
Mr Suraj Adekunbi, the Speaker, Ogun House of Assembly has declared his readiness to consolidate on the massive achievement and the mission to rebuild Ogun State agenda of the Gov. Ibikunle Amosun led adminstration.
Adekunbi made the revelation during his courtesy visit to the Ogun Central Senatorial district, All Progressive Congress (APC) leadership to declare his intention to run for the governorship seat in 2019 general elections.
According to him, “We are committed to the mission to rebuild Ogun State agenda of Senator Ibikunle Amosun, our leader and Governor of the state .
” As an integral part of this administration and infact, I understand clearly the workings of this administration and I have played my part in the monumental development taking place in the State, ” Adekunbi said.
He urged party members to give him the needed support to ensure his emergence as the party flag bearer in the forthcoming general elections.
The speaker promised to ensure a seamless transition from the current administration to the in-coming one.
Adekunbi added that the tempo of development would be sustained and consolidated to further advance the socio-economic development of the State.
“We are going to consolidate on the social economic development of our dear state, particularly in roads rehabilitation and construction, qualitative healthcare delivery system, affordable education and integrated agriculture.
In his response , the National Treasurer of the Party, Alhaji Tajudeen Bello, urged Adekunbi to eschew politics of bitterness, stressing that the party would ensure a level playing field for all contestants.