- 5 Lawmakers Defect In Ogun
- Mother Of 5 Dies After Marathon Sex With Lover
- Police Arrest Landlord Who Led Gang To Rob Neighbour
- 2019 : Ambassador Felix Osakwe Receive Akran’s Royal Blessing
- NYSC, Ogun govt. Pay Visit To Recovering Accident Victims In OOUTH
- Tanker Motor Boy Killed In Sagamu/Benin Expressway Auto-crash
- Saraki Visits Obasanjo, Keeps Mum On NASS’s Reconvening Date
- Ogun : Police Arrest Ex – Convict , Accomplice Over Stolen Truck
- Saraki Fires Back , Says Oshiomole Behaving Like Rain-Beaten Chicken
- “Mr Latin ‘’ Identifies Discipline, Integrity As Virtues For Success
Amosun Names 2017 Amir-ui-Hajj
By Femi Sanyaolu on August 1, 2017
Alhaji Adewunmi is 2017 Amir-ui-Hajj
The Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun has approved the appointment of a former Chairman of the State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board, Secretary of the League of Imams and Alfa in the Stateand the Chief Imam of Ilaro, Alhaji (Imam) Tajudeen Mustapha Adewunmi, as the Amir-ui-Hajj to this year’s holy pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia.
This was contained in a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Barr. Taiwo Adeoluwa in Abeokuta.
The statement indicated that as the Amir-ui-Hajj, Adewunmi is expected to lead the state delegation to perform this year’s hajj exercise in Saudi Arabia in August.
Amosun, according to the statement, wished the Amir-ui-Hajj and other pilgrims a rewarding pilgrimage, charging them to adhere to the tenets of Islam, abide by the laws of their host country and be good ambassadors of the state and Nigeria as a whole.
The Amir-ui-Hajj, who headed the State Pilgrims Board between 1989 and 1992, holds a Masters and Bachelor of Arts degrees in Arabic and Islamic Studies from the University of Ibadan in 1983 and 1980 respectively.