- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
- Expect More Laws to Protect the Environment , Ogun Assembly tells Residents
- ‘Third Force’ Accuses APC, PDP of Playing Games with the Lives of Nigerians
- ‘Relax, We are Working to Prevent Statewide Flooding’
- Aspirant Backs IBB’s Call for Youths’ Participation in Politics
Amosun Names 2017 Amir-ui-Hajj
By Femi Sanyaolu on August 1, 2017
Alhaji Adewunmi is 2017 Amir-ui-Hajj
The Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun has approved the appointment of a former Chairman of the State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board, Secretary of the League of Imams and Alfa in the Stateand the Chief Imam of Ilaro, Alhaji (Imam) Tajudeen Mustapha Adewunmi, as the Amir-ui-Hajj to this year’s holy pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia.
This was contained in a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Barr. Taiwo Adeoluwa in Abeokuta.
The statement indicated that as the Amir-ui-Hajj, Adewunmi is expected to lead the state delegation to perform this year’s hajj exercise in Saudi Arabia in August.
Amosun, according to the statement, wished the Amir-ui-Hajj and other pilgrims a rewarding pilgrimage, charging them to adhere to the tenets of Islam, abide by the laws of their host country and be good ambassadors of the state and Nigeria as a whole.
The Amir-ui-Hajj, who headed the State Pilgrims Board between 1989 and 1992, holds a Masters and Bachelor of Arts degrees in Arabic and Islamic Studies from the University of Ibadan in 1983 and 1980 respectively.