- One Die , Six Injured In Ogun Lone Accident
- Driver Kills Ogun TRACE Official
- Abeokuta : Agura of Gbagura Passes On At 78
- Ijebu-Ode: 3 Killed In Lightening Strike During Heavy Downpour
- Police Kill Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Ijebu Ode
- We Now Feel impact Of Democracy Through Finance Minister’s Contribution – – Ogun Community Indigenes
- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
Oba Fasinu’s Murder: Police Arrest Monarch’s Driver, One Other
The police in Ogun have arrested two persons suspected to be connected with the assassination of Oba Patrick Fasinu, the traditional ruler of Owo town in Yewa South local government area of the state.
The personal driver of the late traditional ruler and one other person named Bolaji, were said to have been arrested and detained.
They were allegedly nabbed at Ogbo village near Ipokia area of the state.
The suspected killers of the monarch had on Wednesday night attacked him on his way back from a meeting of the Yewa Traditional Council in the Ilaro area.
The royal father had reportedly dropped off his driver along the way and was headed home in his Toyota Camry car when the assailants way laid him along Ijako-Isagbo road in Oke-Odan.
Ogun Today gathered that the monarch was dragged out of his vehicle and hacked with an axe, after which the attackers set his car on fire with his body inside.
The burnt remains of the traditional ruler were recovered the following day, Thursday, by policemen.
Ogun Today reports that monarch was on Wednesday night coming from Ilaro but dropped his driver somewhere in Owode and drove alone towards Owo only for him to be attacked on the road where he was killed and set ablaze with his car.