- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
- 2019: NANS Urges Political Parties To Give Room For Internal Democracy
- NYSC Mulls Extended Service For Serial Dress Code Offenders
- Worse of Nigerian Governors Today Is The Youngest –Rev. Bello
- Speeding Vehicle Kills Mother, Baby In Ogun
- We Do Not Manipulate Admissions In FUNAAB – Vice Chancellor
- Ogun: APC Picks Consensus Candidates For House Of Assembly Elections
Oba Fasinu’s Murder: Police Arrest Monarch’s Driver, One Other
The police in Ogun have arrested two persons suspected to be connected with the assassination of Oba Patrick Fasinu, the traditional ruler of Owo town in Yewa South local government area of the state.
The personal driver of the late traditional ruler and one other person named Bolaji, were said to have been arrested and detained.
They were allegedly nabbed at Ogbo village near Ipokia area of the state.
The suspected killers of the monarch had on Wednesday night attacked him on his way back from a meeting of the Yewa Traditional Council in the Ilaro area.
The royal father had reportedly dropped off his driver along the way and was headed home in his Toyota Camry car when the assailants way laid him along Ijako-Isagbo road in Oke-Odan.
Ogun Today gathered that the monarch was dragged out of his vehicle and hacked with an axe, after which the attackers set his car on fire with his body inside.
The burnt remains of the traditional ruler were recovered the following day, Thursday, by policemen.
Ogun Today reports that monarch was on Wednesday night coming from Ilaro but dropped his driver somewhere in Owode and drove alone towards Owo only for him to be attacked on the road where he was killed and set ablaze with his car.