- DPR Seals up Five Filling Stations in Sango-Ota
- I’m Still In The Race For Next Ogun Governor -Paseda
- Ogun Reunites 64 Libya Returnees With Relatives
- NNL, Nationwide League Clubs to hold Pre-season tournament in Ogun
- Customs Officers Shoot, Injure Pregnant Woman in Ogun
- Amosun Charges Journalists on Nigeria’s Unity
- Ogun Journalists Kick Against State Sponsored Media Seminar
- “2019 : Adebutu is Planning to hijack our Party” -Labour Party Cries
- 2019: Ogun Speaker Announces Intention to Contest for Governor
- 13 Years After, Obasanjo Vists Stella’s Family
Oba Fasinu’s Murder: Police Arrest Monarch’s Driver, One Other
The police in Ogun have arrested two persons suspected to be connected with the assassination of Oba Patrick Fasinu, the traditional ruler of Owo town in Yewa South local government area of the state.
The personal driver of the late traditional ruler and one other person named Bolaji, were said to have been arrested and detained.
They were allegedly nabbed at Ogbo village near Ipokia area of the state.
The suspected killers of the monarch had on Wednesday night attacked him on his way back from a meeting of the Yewa Traditional Council in the Ilaro area.
The royal father had reportedly dropped off his driver along the way and was headed home in his Toyota Camry car when the assailants way laid him along Ijako-Isagbo road in Oke-Odan.
Ogun Today gathered that the monarch was dragged out of his vehicle and hacked with an axe, after which the attackers set his car on fire with his body inside.
The burnt remains of the traditional ruler were recovered the following day, Thursday, by policemen.
Ogun Today reports that monarch was on Wednesday night coming from Ilaro but dropped his driver somewhere in Owode and drove alone towards Owo only for him to be attacked on the road where he was killed and set ablaze with his car.