- 5 Lawmakers Defect In Ogun
- Mother Of 5 Dies After Marathon Sex With Lover
- Police Arrest Landlord Who Led Gang To Rob Neighbour
- 2019 : Ambassador Felix Osakwe Receive Akran’s Royal Blessing
- NYSC, Ogun govt. Pay Visit To Recovering Accident Victims In OOUTH
- Tanker Motor Boy Killed In Sagamu/Benin Expressway Auto-crash
- Saraki Visits Obasanjo, Keeps Mum On NASS’s Reconvening Date
- Ogun : Police Arrest Ex – Convict , Accomplice Over Stolen Truck
- Saraki Fires Back , Says Oshiomole Behaving Like Rain-Beaten Chicken
- “Mr Latin ‘’ Identifies Discipline, Integrity As Virtues For Success
2026 World Cup: CAF Will Support Morocco, Pinnick Reveals
President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick has revealed that CAF would back Morocco’s bid to host the 2026 FIFA World Cup finals.
The tournament is the next one up for grabs, with Russia and Qatar set to host the 2018 and 2022 competitions respectively.
Thus far the United States of America (U.S.A), Canada and Mexico have disclosed plans to submit a joint bid for the 2026 event.
“I’ve been told Morocco wants to put in its bid and CAF will support them 100%,” Pinnick told BBC Sport.
“I’d be surprised (if Morocco does not put in a bid), but I think they will.
“It’s a country that can host the world. They are very hospitable people, there is a good network of roads and have practically everything,” the CAF executive committee member added.
“If they want to host the World Cup, CAF will support them 100%. Morocco has leaders right now who are eager and excited about developing the game, not just in Africa.
“This weekend they are hosting the French Super Cup – between Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco – they’ve hosted the Club World Cup (in 2013 and 2014), they’ve hosted practically everything.”
Morocco made unsuccessful bids for the 1994, 1998, 2006 and 2010 World Cups. Africa are amongst the four confederations that can bid for the 2026 tournament.