- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
“Adire Market Demolition, Target on Yayi” -Residents
In continuation of the demolition of structures by the Ogun State Government, the popular Adire market in Itoku through the popular Olumo Rock via Ikereku has been brought down to pave wave for a link to the proposed expansion of the Enugada-Adatan ring road
While a cross section of residents who spoke with OgunToday said the demolition is a good development which will open up the Olumo rock to more tourists, others felt the process is another witch-hunt of Senator Solomon Adeola a.k.a Yayi, who is touted to contest the governorship seat of the gateway state. According to the latter, the demolition may have been targeted at Yayi because his maternal ancestral home at Kemta was also consumed by the exercise.
Many also pointed out that the demolition has taken off the recently commissioned community borehole sponsored by Sen. Adeola at his maternal family compound.
Amongst other things the demolition is affecting is the historical Kemta -Itoku Adire market, compound of the historic Sodeke family of Abeokuta and many more.