- Seven Burnt to Death in Multiple Accidents on Lagos/Ibadan Expressway
- Obasanjo Registers as CNM Member in Abeokuta
- Labour Party Factional Leaders Drag National Chairman, Arabambi, Adebutu, others to Court
- Stakeholders Suggest Indepth Findings as Solution to Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes
- Crave for Money by Politicians hinders Development in Nigeria – Adegbuyi
- Ogun Customs Command Impounds Goods Worth N67m In 2 Weeks
- Herdsmen Attack Farm in Owode, Destroy N6.8m Worth of Farm Produce
- No battle against Amosun govt, says Ogun NUJ Chairman
- Biodun Owolabi Emerges Labour Party Chairman in Ogun
- DPR Seals up Five Filling Stations in Sango-Ota
Osinbajo Charges Investors on Economic Transformation
Acting president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo has again challenged investors in the country to make their impact felt in the ongoing economic transformation initiative of the President Muhammadu Buhari led- administration by investing massively in the country.
Speaking in an interview with newsmen after commissioning Rite Foods Limited, Osoosa in Odogbolu Local Government Area of Ogun State, Osinbajo said ”there are still untapped natural resources and valuable business potentials”.
He called on the well-to-do in the society to discover areas they could integrate in the nation’s industrial hub with a view to promoting local production of goods.
The Acting President who was accompanied by the State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, commended the business initiative of the owner of the multi-million naira company, Dr Sulaimon Adebola Adegunwa.
Osinbajo stated that the company would no doubt contribute in no small measure to the economic growth of the state and the country in general.
He said the investors’ contribution was necessary as it would help to further encourage and increase production of local goods and services.
“We must not rely solely on importation. We should think outside the box, the current administration would continue to put policies in place for entrepreneurs to thrive in their businesses, ” he counselled.
In his remarks, Governor Amosun appreciated the Federal Government for its efforts in diversifying the economy.
Amosun called on other business-minded individuals in the society to emulate the owner of Rite foods, while urging patriotic businessmen who would add values to the socio-economic life of the citizens to come and invest in the State.