- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
- Expect More Laws to Protect the Environment , Ogun Assembly tells Residents
- ‘Third Force’ Accuses APC, PDP of Playing Games with the Lives of Nigerians
- ‘Relax, We are Working to Prevent Statewide Flooding’
- Aspirant Backs IBB’s Call for Youths’ Participation in Politics
Ogun Speaker Harps on National Unity at Eid Celebration
As Muslims world over celebrate the completion of the 30-day fasting period, Speaker of the Ogun House of Assembly, Mr Suraj Adekunbi on Sunday urged Nigerians irrespective of religion or tribe to always promote national unity.
Adekunbi said this in his Sallah message, signed by his Special Assistant on Media, Mr Waheed Akinola.
The Speaker noted that it was necessary at this period of eid – el – fitri celebration to continue to promote religious harmony, national stability and development.
He enjoined the nation’s Muslim ummah and the people of the State to rededicate themselves to the service of God through prayers and extend hands of love to one another.
He solicited for prayers for President Muhammadu Buhari, the leaders and the nation, saying that the people should concentrate more on those values that unite the nation rather than divisive actions.
“I want to congratulate muslims all over the country for a successful Ramadan fast and I want to encourage them to always reflect on the essence of the period by being disciplined, humane, selfless and resilient, ” he said.
The Speaker, therefore, called for the continued support of the people of the state at ensuring the overall success of the rebuilding mission of Sen Ibikunle Amosun led administration.