- NYSC, Ogun govt. Pay Visit To Recovering Accident Victims In OOUTH
- Tanker Motor Boy Killed In Sagamu/Benin Expressway Auto-crash
- Saraki Visits Obasanjo, Keeps Mum On NASS’s Reconvening Date
- Ogun : Police Arrest Ex – Convict , Accomplice Over Stolen Truck
- Saraki Fires Back , Says Oshiomole Behaving Like Rain-Beaten Chicken
- “Mr Latin ‘’ Identifies Discipline, Integrity As Virtues For Success
- Ogun LG Amendment Bill Scales Second Reading
- LAUTECH Crisis: ASUU Urges Oyo, Osun Governments To Save Institution
- Taraba River Deaths: NYSC Tasks Corps Members On Safety Precautions
- Paseda Vows To Focus On Human Capital, Grassroots Developments
Ogun Speaker Harps on National Unity at Eid Celebration
As Muslims world over celebrate the completion of the 30-day fasting period, Speaker of the Ogun House of Assembly, Mr Suraj Adekunbi on Sunday urged Nigerians irrespective of religion or tribe to always promote national unity.
Adekunbi said this in his Sallah message, signed by his Special Assistant on Media, Mr Waheed Akinola.
The Speaker noted that it was necessary at this period of eid – el – fitri celebration to continue to promote religious harmony, national stability and development.
He enjoined the nation’s Muslim ummah and the people of the State to rededicate themselves to the service of God through prayers and extend hands of love to one another.
He solicited for prayers for President Muhammadu Buhari, the leaders and the nation, saying that the people should concentrate more on those values that unite the nation rather than divisive actions.
“I want to congratulate muslims all over the country for a successful Ramadan fast and I want to encourage them to always reflect on the essence of the period by being disciplined, humane, selfless and resilient, ” he said.
The Speaker, therefore, called for the continued support of the people of the state at ensuring the overall success of the rebuilding mission of Sen Ibikunle Amosun led administration.