- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
- Expect More Laws to Protect the Environment , Ogun Assembly tells Residents
- ‘Third Force’ Accuses APC, PDP of Playing Games with the Lives of Nigerians
- ‘Relax, We are Working to Prevent Statewide Flooding’
- Aspirant Backs IBB’s Call for Youths’ Participation in Politics
Eid – El – Fitri : Paseda Wants Nigerians to Emulate Muhammed
The Executive Chairman, Paseda Legacy Foundation, Otunba Rotimi Paseda has congratulated Muslims across the country for the successful completion of the compulsory Ramadan fasting, adding that they should continue to live peacefully with one another in the spirit of Eid-el-Fitr.
Paseda urged Muslims to emulate the good teachings of Prophet Mohammed which he said, harped on good neighbourliness, sacrifice, tolerance, love and charity to one another.
The 2015 UPN Ogun State Governorship candidate, also urged Nigerians to imbibe the spirit of sacrifice, obedience and perseverance as they celebrate sallah.
The politician, in a statement by his Media Assistant, Michael-Azeez Ogunsiji explained that the occasion should be seen beyond mere festivity but that which symbolises great spirituality.
He said the values of tolerance, sacrifice and love for Allah and fellow human beings were more relevant and necessary than ever before in the nation and the world today.
He noted that everyone had a stake in a peaceful and prosperous world where they could raise families, earn their livelihoods, worship their creator in diverse ways and realise the purpose for their existence.
Paseda, therefore, challenged Muslims to use the occasion to pray for continued peaceful co-existence in the country and speedy recovery of President Muhammadu Buhari.
He reiterated that Nigeria could not afford to continue in the path of suspicion, hatred and needless bloodletting.