- 5 Lawmakers Defect In Ogun
- Mother Of 5 Dies After Marathon Sex With Lover
- Police Arrest Landlord Who Led Gang To Rob Neighbour
- 2019 : Ambassador Felix Osakwe Receive Akran’s Royal Blessing
- NYSC, Ogun govt. Pay Visit To Recovering Accident Victims In OOUTH
- Tanker Motor Boy Killed In Sagamu/Benin Expressway Auto-crash
- Saraki Visits Obasanjo, Keeps Mum On NASS’s Reconvening Date
- Ogun : Police Arrest Ex – Convict , Accomplice Over Stolen Truck
- Saraki Fires Back , Says Oshiomole Behaving Like Rain-Beaten Chicken
- “Mr Latin ‘’ Identifies Discipline, Integrity As Virtues For Success
Ogun Govt. Commends Journalists for Role Played in June 12 Struggles
…as Family FM Lifts Maiden Diadem
The Ogun state government has commended the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) on the role played during the struggle for the annulment of 1993 general election by the defunct military ruler, General Ibrahim Babagida.
Commissioner for Youth and Sports , Mr. Afolabi Afuape, gave the commendation during the June 12 Media Commemorative Match in memory of the late Chief MKO Abiola at the Funturf Center, MKO International Stadium, Kuto, Abeokuta.
Afuape stated that if not for journalists across the country the memories of Chief MKO would have been forgotten.
He added that June 12 should be declared a national holiday as the election that brought about the date had been adjudged the most free and fear general election ever conducted in Nigeria by local and International bodies.
In his goodwill message, the Chairman, Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Ogun Chapter, Comrade Wole Sokunbi, said the role played by Journalists could not be overemphasized.
Sokunbi noted that Journalists would always support any programme initiated in respect of late MKO Abiola, adding that history surrounding the death of MKO would continue to be in the memories of Nigerians.
In the final match played, Family FM radio defeated Correspondents’ Chapel by 2 goals to 1 on penalties to lift the trophy for the maiden edition of the June 12 media commemorative match 2017.