- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
Ogun Wins UNESCO African Cultural Week
The Ogun State Troupe led by the State Honourable Commissioner for Culture and Tourism Rt. Hon. Muyiwa Oladipo has emerged winner of the First Prize at the African Week organized by UNESCO in Paris, France.
The troupe was declared winner after treating guests to a very scintillating performance as part of the Gala Night of the Africa Week 2017 at UNESCO held at the newly-renovated Hall One of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) Headquarters, Fontenoy, Paris.
The troupe featured at the event alongside 13 other African countries, namely, Algeria, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Comoros, Cote D’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Guinea, Liberia, Morocco, Tanzania, and Tunisia, all rendering music, dance or fashion parade.
The Troupe presented a ten minutes excerpt from a dance performance, entitled, “Drums of Peace”.
Oladipo who was visibly elated for the global honour commended Governor Ibikunle Amosun for supporting the troupe. He said: “The artistes have done very well; and I give due credit to my governor, His Excellency, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, for believing in me; and for giving me this unique opportunity to bring my artists, not only to France, but to UNESCO HQ, in Paris, where we have had the rare privilege of showcasing our talent to about 195 UNESCO States Parties.”