- 5 Lawmakers Defect In Ogun
- Mother Of 5 Dies After Marathon Sex With Lover
- Police Arrest Landlord Who Led Gang To Rob Neighbour
- 2019 : Ambassador Felix Osakwe Receive Akran’s Royal Blessing
- NYSC, Ogun govt. Pay Visit To Recovering Accident Victims In OOUTH
- Tanker Motor Boy Killed In Sagamu/Benin Expressway Auto-crash
- Saraki Visits Obasanjo, Keeps Mum On NASS’s Reconvening Date
- Ogun : Police Arrest Ex – Convict , Accomplice Over Stolen Truck
- Saraki Fires Back , Says Oshiomole Behaving Like Rain-Beaten Chicken
- “Mr Latin ‘’ Identifies Discipline, Integrity As Virtues For Success
Ogun Wins UNESCO African Cultural Week
The Ogun State Troupe led by the State Honourable Commissioner for Culture and Tourism Rt. Hon. Muyiwa Oladipo has emerged winner of the First Prize at the African Week organized by UNESCO in Paris, France.
The troupe was declared winner after treating guests to a very scintillating performance as part of the Gala Night of the Africa Week 2017 at UNESCO held at the newly-renovated Hall One of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) Headquarters, Fontenoy, Paris.
The troupe featured at the event alongside 13 other African countries, namely, Algeria, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Comoros, Cote D’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Guinea, Liberia, Morocco, Tanzania, and Tunisia, all rendering music, dance or fashion parade.
The Troupe presented a ten minutes excerpt from a dance performance, entitled, “Drums of Peace”.
Oladipo who was visibly elated for the global honour commended Governor Ibikunle Amosun for supporting the troupe. He said: “The artistes have done very well; and I give due credit to my governor, His Excellency, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, for believing in me; and for giving me this unique opportunity to bring my artists, not only to France, but to UNESCO HQ, in Paris, where we have had the rare privilege of showcasing our talent to about 195 UNESCO States Parties.”