- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
Onazi to Captain Eagles Against Bafana-Bafana
Midfielder Ogenyi Onazi will captain Nigeria in their 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa this weekend. MTNFootball dotcom has reported.
The teams will meet in their opening Group E clash in Uyo on Saturday evening.
The Nigerian Football Federation have confirmed that Onazi will wear the armband for the Super Eagles, with regular captain John Obi Mikel missing the match as he recovers from injury.
“I have confidence in the group that we have now and the ambition oozing in the camp. We want to go to the World Cup and the Africa Cup of Nations,” said Onazi, as quoted by Allnigeriasoccer.com.
“Starting well on Saturday will be key to our aspiration.”
In addition, news coming out of Nigeria training is that locally-based attacking midfielder Alhassan Ibrahim may earn himself a start, while Premier League players Alex Iwobi and Kelechi Iheanacho have also impressed.