- DPR Seals up Five Filling Stations in Sango-Ota
- I’m Still In The Race For Next Ogun Governor -Paseda
- Ogun Reunites 64 Libya Returnees With Relatives
- NNL, Nationwide League Clubs to hold Pre-season tournament in Ogun
- Customs Officers Shoot, Injure Pregnant Woman in Ogun
- Amosun Charges Journalists on Nigeria’s Unity
- Ogun Journalists Kick Against State Sponsored Media Seminar
- “2019 : Adebutu is Planning to hijack our Party” -Labour Party Cries
- 2019: Ogun Speaker Announces Intention to Contest for Governor
- 13 Years After, Obasanjo Vists Stella’s Family
Onazi to Captain Eagles Against Bafana-Bafana
Midfielder Ogenyi Onazi will captain Nigeria in their 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa this weekend. MTNFootball dotcom has reported.
The teams will meet in their opening Group E clash in Uyo on Saturday evening.
The Nigerian Football Federation have confirmed that Onazi will wear the armband for the Super Eagles, with regular captain John Obi Mikel missing the match as he recovers from injury.
“I have confidence in the group that we have now and the ambition oozing in the camp. We want to go to the World Cup and the Africa Cup of Nations,” said Onazi, as quoted by Allnigeriasoccer.com.
“Starting well on Saturday will be key to our aspiration.”
In addition, news coming out of Nigeria training is that locally-based attacking midfielder Alhassan Ibrahim may earn himself a start, while Premier League players Alex Iwobi and Kelechi Iheanacho have also impressed.