- 5 Lawmakers Defect In Ogun
- Mother Of 5 Dies After Marathon Sex With Lover
- Police Arrest Landlord Who Led Gang To Rob Neighbour
- 2019 : Ambassador Felix Osakwe Receive Akran’s Royal Blessing
- NYSC, Ogun govt. Pay Visit To Recovering Accident Victims In OOUTH
- Tanker Motor Boy Killed In Sagamu/Benin Expressway Auto-crash
- Saraki Visits Obasanjo, Keeps Mum On NASS’s Reconvening Date
- Ogun : Police Arrest Ex – Convict , Accomplice Over Stolen Truck
- Saraki Fires Back , Says Oshiomole Behaving Like Rain-Beaten Chicken
- “Mr Latin ‘’ Identifies Discipline, Integrity As Virtues For Success
Onazi to Captain Eagles Against Bafana-Bafana
Midfielder Ogenyi Onazi will captain Nigeria in their 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa this weekend. MTNFootball dotcom has reported.
The teams will meet in their opening Group E clash in Uyo on Saturday evening.
The Nigerian Football Federation have confirmed that Onazi will wear the armband for the Super Eagles, with regular captain John Obi Mikel missing the match as he recovers from injury.
“I have confidence in the group that we have now and the ambition oozing in the camp. We want to go to the World Cup and the Africa Cup of Nations,” said Onazi, as quoted by Allnigeriasoccer.com.
“Starting well on Saturday will be key to our aspiration.”
In addition, news coming out of Nigeria training is that locally-based attacking midfielder Alhassan Ibrahim may earn himself a start, while Premier League players Alex Iwobi and Kelechi Iheanacho have also impressed.