- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
- Expect More Laws to Protect the Environment , Ogun Assembly tells Residents
- ‘Third Force’ Accuses APC, PDP of Playing Games with the Lives of Nigerians
- ‘Relax, We are Working to Prevent Statewide Flooding’
- Aspirant Backs IBB’s Call for Youths’ Participation in Politics
Eagles Hit Camp
The Super Eagles and its coaching staff arrived Uyo – Akwa-Ibom State capital, on Monday, to resume training ahead of the 2019 Africa Nations Cup qualifier clash against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa. The clash is scheduled to hold on on Saturday, 10th June 2017, starting from 5pm at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium.
According to a tweet on the official handle of the Super Eagles, there ill be a parley on Thursday. “Our pre-match media parley will take place on Thursday, June 8, at Le Meridien Hotel, Uyo at 12pm. Media identification is key.” The tweet read.
Meanwhile, Bafana Bafana coach Stauart Baxter on Monday revealed that Orlando Pirates midfielder Abubaker Mobara will be deployed at the right-back position in Saturday’s 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against the Super Eagles of Nigeria.
He said, “I like Mobara as a player. I tried to sign him at one stage. I like him as a defender. I think in the PSL he can equip himself well in midfield,” Baxter said during a press conference on Monday amid an injury crisis for the South Africa squad.
“My spin on it is if he is going to be competing for a place, he has a better chance possibly as a full-back and in an emergency at centre back.
“I saw him play against Brazil in the Olympics and he played well against Neymar. His one-versus-one defending was excellent.
“His calmness on the ball when he got into the opponent’s half was also good, so I see him competing for a place there.” He said