- DPR Seals up Five Filling Stations in Sango-Ota
- I’m Still In The Race For Next Ogun Governor -Paseda
- Ogun Reunites 64 Libya Returnees With Relatives
- NNL, Nationwide League Clubs to hold Pre-season tournament in Ogun
- Customs Officers Shoot, Injure Pregnant Woman in Ogun
- Amosun Charges Journalists on Nigeria’s Unity
- Ogun Journalists Kick Against State Sponsored Media Seminar
- “2019 : Adebutu is Planning to hijack our Party” -Labour Party Cries
- 2019: Ogun Speaker Announces Intention to Contest for Governor
- 13 Years After, Obasanjo Vists Stella’s Family
We Won’t Break Ramadan for South Africa, Eagles tell Rohr
The duo of Ahmed Musa and Shehu Abdullahi has assuaded the fears of Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr that the Muslim fasting exercise, -Ramadan may affect their performances against South Africa in their AFCON qualifier against the Bafana-Bafana.
This is despite pleas by coach Gernot Rohr they should at least defer it. Alhassan Ibrahim ‘Muazzam’ and fresh call-up Moroof Youssef of Zamalek are the other players on the 23-man squad who will insist on the Ramadan fast.
A team official specially informed that Musa and Shehu fasted during the friendly against Togo in Paris and an unhappy Rohr hauled them off after the first half.
Interestingly, Musa still scored twice within the first 17 minutes to give the Eagles a healthy lead. Both players are expected to start against South Africa on June 10 in Uyo, but they may well have limited game time because Rohr does not expect them to give their best as a result of the fast.