- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
- 2019: NANS Urges Political Parties To Give Room For Internal Democracy
- NYSC Mulls Extended Service For Serial Dress Code Offenders
- Worse of Nigerian Governors Today Is The Youngest –Rev. Bello
- Speeding Vehicle Kills Mother, Baby In Ogun
- We Do Not Manipulate Admissions In FUNAAB – Vice Chancellor
- Ogun: APC Picks Consensus Candidates For House Of Assembly Elections
We Won’t Break Ramadan for South Africa, Eagles tell Rohr
The duo of Ahmed Musa and Shehu Abdullahi has assuaded the fears of Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr that the Muslim fasting exercise, -Ramadan may affect their performances against South Africa in their AFCON qualifier against the Bafana-Bafana.
This is despite pleas by coach Gernot Rohr they should at least defer it. Alhassan Ibrahim ‘Muazzam’ and fresh call-up Moroof Youssef of Zamalek are the other players on the 23-man squad who will insist on the Ramadan fast.
A team official specially informed that Musa and Shehu fasted during the friendly against Togo in Paris and an unhappy Rohr hauled them off after the first half.
Interestingly, Musa still scored twice within the first 17 minutes to give the Eagles a healthy lead. Both players are expected to start against South Africa on June 10 in Uyo, but they may well have limited game time because Rohr does not expect them to give their best as a result of the fast.