- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
- Expect More Laws to Protect the Environment , Ogun Assembly tells Residents
- ‘Third Force’ Accuses APC, PDP of Playing Games with the Lives of Nigerians
- ‘Relax, We are Working to Prevent Statewide Flooding’
- Aspirant Backs IBB’s Call for Youths’ Participation in Politics
We Won’t Break Ramadan for South Africa, Eagles tell Rohr
The duo of Ahmed Musa and Shehu Abdullahi has assuaded the fears of Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr that the Muslim fasting exercise, -Ramadan may affect their performances against South Africa in their AFCON qualifier against the Bafana-Bafana.
This is despite pleas by coach Gernot Rohr they should at least defer it. Alhassan Ibrahim ‘Muazzam’ and fresh call-up Moroof Youssef of Zamalek are the other players on the 23-man squad who will insist on the Ramadan fast.
A team official specially informed that Musa and Shehu fasted during the friendly against Togo in Paris and an unhappy Rohr hauled them off after the first half.
Interestingly, Musa still scored twice within the first 17 minutes to give the Eagles a healthy lead. Both players are expected to start against South Africa on June 10 in Uyo, but they may well have limited game time because Rohr does not expect them to give their best as a result of the fast.